We are having out big Thanksgiving meal today, for lunch. Hubby is scheduled to work at 4pm, so lunch is a great way to make sure he can partake in the yumminess. We've had such a beautiful weekend here, with above seasonal temperatures. I hope they last a bit longer and that we can enjoy Halloween, without having to bundle up too much.
This week I'll be using the leftover turkey in a few meals. Making some of our favourites dishes, that use turkey. I think I look forward to the leftovers, more than the actual meal, LOL. These dishes are nothing fancy, but they hit the spot and the kids love them (which is always a small victory now a days). So, here is my plan for the week
- Thanksgiving lunch- Lemon Herb Turkey, mashed potatoes, Candied Bacon Pepper Squash, green beans, rolls, Tarte au Sucre and Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- Turkey Spaghetti with peas and garlic bread
- Turkey Fried Rice
- Chili with Honey Corn Bread (from last week)
- Chili cheese fries with a salad
- Shrimp Creole (from last week)