Well, the snow we were surprised with on Friday, is now melted and gone. To tell the truth I am very happy and relieved about it, LOL. I wasn't ready for having to walk to and from school in the snow. A few more weeks of nice weather, and I'll be a happy girl. I'd even be happy with the lack of snow, until the week before Christmas. Somehow, Christmas without snow doesn't feel like Christmas at all. Spoken like a true Canadian girl!!
This week will be a little busy. Mr.B goes for his surgery next Monday, so this week will be spent preparing for that. Queenie will be going to my parents, for a week or so; to let her brother rest and recuperate nicely post surgery. My Mother in Law came to visit for a few days and is due to leave today, or maybe tomorrow. Depends if the kids can talk her into staying an extra day, LOL. My parents are due in on Wednesday and will spend the night, before bringing Queenie back home with them. The rest of the week will be spent making sure we have tons of cold, soft foods ready and available for our boy, once he gets his adenoids and tonsils removed. So, this week will center around easy, hearty and comforting dishes. Here's the plan
- Tacos and Spanish rice
- Shrimp Parmesan with couscous (didn't get to it last week)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf (new recipe) with roast baby potatoes and honeyed squash rings (new recipe)
- Family Favourite Roast Chicken and Potatoes with green beans
- Black Bean Veggie Casserole (new recipe)
- Tuscan White Bean Soup with Olive oil and Rosemary (new recipe), with cheddar scallion scones