Happy April Fools!!!
We woke up to the ground covered in snow..... great prank right?? I'm thinking no, LOL. I decided to change my meal plan to Sundays, since that really when I plan my meals..... when I plan them. The past month or so, I've been lacking in that department. I'm trying to get back on track, to help with rising food costs. I almost had a coronary when I saw how expensive peanut butter has become. Before Christmas PB came on sale at $2.99, for a big jar, so we stocked up and I haven't had to buy any since then. Well, we are down to our last jar and since I had seen some on sale for $3.99, I was jazzed. Little did I know, it was for those tiny jars, that single people buy. When I saw the price of our regular sized jars, I almost shrieked in surprise. Over $7 for a jar of peanut butter is totally not OK with me!
Needless to say, the tiny jars of Pb stayed at the store. Since the price of everything seems to be rising, while wages seem to be staying the same, I feel like I need to meal plan now, more than ever. Even with meal planning, I seem to be spending over $250, every two weeks. It's not like we eat extravagantly either. Most of what I buy is on sale; especially meat. Here is what I have planned for this week
- Smothered Pork Chops with sweet potato hash
- Veggie Lasagna (getting help from the store on this) with garlic bread and salad
- Beef Kabobs with foil packet potatoes
- Southwestern Pinto Bean Burgers with squash gratin
- Waffles and fresh fruit salad
- Ham, mashed potatoes, bunny rolls, roast cauliflower gratin, asparagus and lemon meringue pie (Easter)