Well, I am happy to report that Queenie's foot is not broken. However, the orthopedic Dr. thinks she may have torn cartilage in her foot. So, she needs to stay in her air cast/boot, for 2 more weeks, mostly when she is walking. She can take it off to bathe, sleep and/or if she's watching a movie and sitting still a spell. Plus she can now walk in the cast, which means I no longer have to carry her all over the house. So the prognosis is better than we had hoped. The bad news is, we've all come down with a cold. I seriously thought I would escape it, but it finally hit me on Sunday. I'm not a big fan of colds to start with, but Spring/Summer colds are the worse!!
Since I'm feeling under the weather this week, I'm planning some easy comfort foods. Thankfully this week is going to be a quiet one, so I'm hoping to be able to get a lot of rest, to kick this crud to the curb. Here is my plan for the week
- Spaghetti and Meatballs, with garlic bread and salad
- Vegetarian Tortellini Bake (new recipe)
- Burgers and dogs on the grill with pasta salad
- Maple Mustard Glazed Chicken (new recipe) with oven roast potatoes and pan roasted broccoli and carrots
- breakfast for dinner- eggs, bacon, toast and fresh fruit salad
Head on over to OrgJunkie.com, for more great meal plans!