It's a holiday here today, in Canada, today. We've been enjoying a gorgeous long weekend, filled with tons of sun and good food. A great highlight to the weekend is this Raspberry Lemon Mile-High Pie, I made for dessert last night. It was such a hit, there is only a tiny sliver left, in the fridge. It helped us beat the heat and was the perfect cold treat for a hot Sunday evening. The kids have been busy staying cool with our new beach ball sprinkler and we are hoping to get to the beach today, before the rain hits. Not the perfect end to our long weekend, but hey....
Hubby is off today, and he's requested burgers and dogs on the grill. I need to get into the kitchen to whip up a batch of my macaroni salad, so it has time to develop it's flavour. The rest of the week should be nice, so more grilling and warm weather cooking going on here. Here's what I have planned for the week
- Burgers, dogs and macaroni salad
- grilled pork tenderloin with grilled asparagus and salad
- porcupine balls, with brown rice and peas
- Beef Kabobs with grilled veggies and baked potatoes
- Chipotle Lime Pulled Pork Sandwiches, with tomato avocado salad
- Ratatouille with chick peas and homemade Naan bread
Head on over to OrgJunkie.com, for more meal plans!!