That's right, today is Thanksgiving for us Canadians. We are not celebrating today, since Hubby is working, but the kids do have the day off from school. So, Mr.B will be heading to a friend's house and Queenie and I will be heading over for a coffee and a chat with some of our friends. It should be a very nice, quiet and relaxing day.
We will be celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, instead. I have the turkey thawing and will be making a Tarte au Sucre/Sugar Cream Pie and possibly a cheesecake today, for tomorrow. Hubby will be off for the next 3 days, so we thought it best to wait a day to celebrate. With a spouse in the restaurant business, you need to learn to adapt for Holidays, since part of their job is to help others have a great holiday. Sometimes, I wish times were like years ago, when restaurants would close down for holidays and employees could enjoy the special days with family. Times have changed and all we can do is make the best of it. Here is my menu for the week
- Tuscan Chicken with pasta (new recipe) and salad
- roast turkey, Garlic and Bacon Mashed Potatoes (new recipe), Candied Pepper Squash, Broccoli Gratin, rolls, gravy and desserts
- Sweet and Sour Turkey Balls with fries and peas
- Turkey and mushrooms wrapped in pastry with salad
- Country Pork Loaf with roast potatoes and squash
- Turkey Noodle Soup with fresh bread
Head on over to OrgJunkie.com, for more great meal plans.