It time for February's Suprise Recipe Swap, where a group of us bloggers are secretly assigned each others blogs, to re create a recipe from. This month, the blog I was assigned to, was Morsels of Life. The Morsels of Life blog, is a great hodge podge of recipes. You'll find a great variety of different types of cuisine, from Asian, to Tex Mex and also some wonderful desserts. All of which leave you wondering what will be coming next, to Morsels of Life.
With so many mouth watering recipes to choose from, I was really intrigued by the Caramelized Banana Bread. We LOVE banana bread and I'm always on a search for new varieties. I like that you caramelize the already sweet and ripe bananas, giving them a deep rich sweetness. The bread is super moist and the flavour is amazing. Plus, you're not using a ton of sugar and to tell the truth, you can even really tell. The kids and I have been snacking non stop on the bread, since I made it Saturday afternoon. Thanks Morsels of Life, for such a great twist on banana bread!
Caramelized Banana Bread
adapted from Morsels of Life
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 – 4 bananas, mashed
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk
2 cups flour (I used half whole wheat and half white.)
1 tablespoon vinegar
1. Melt butter in a pan, and then add bananas and brown sugar. Stir around a bit until bananas somewhat caramelized.
2. Form Dry Team by combining flour and baking soda.
3. Form Wet Team by combining eggs, milk, vinegar, and slightly cooled caramelized banana mixture.
4. Combine Wet and Dry Teams, and pour into a greased loaf pan.
5. Bake at 375F until golden brown and delicious, approximately 45 minutes.
This post linked to
In & Out of the Kitchen
See Ya in the Gumbo
Hearth and Soul