It's time for this months Suprise Recipe Swap. Where a bunch of us food bloggers are assigned each others blog, to choose a recipe and make for ourselves. This month, the blog I was assigned was Mom's Test Kitchen. Jaime, the voice behind Mom's Test Kitchen, is a wife and Mom to one precious little girl. Her blog is jam packed full of simple, delicious Southern inspired dishes. If you're looking for the perfect date night snack, quick dinner ideas and/or kid approved recipes, Jaime has it all!
While browsing Jaime's blog, this recipe for Fried Pickles caught my eye. I love ordering fried pickles when we go out, so thought I'd give these a try. They seemed quite easy to make and Jaime's picture was mouthwatering. Since my parent's were visiting, I thought it would be a great treat for my Mom and I.
I couldn't find any pickle chips, so we decided to take baby dills and slice them in half. After a quick trip in the seasoned flour and egg, the pickles were ready for the hot oil. These fried up in no time and we decided to serve them with Ranch dressing. I loved the breading, which wasn't oily at all and we quickly gobbled them down with our dinner.
Adapted from Mom's Test Kitchen
1 cup flour
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 large eggs
Oil for frying
1/2 jar of dill pickle chips
1. Heat oil in a large skillet, enough oil to fill the skillet about 2 inches deep.
2. In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, garlic powder, salt, paprika and sugar.
3. In another shallow dish, lightly beat the eggs.
4. Working in batches, coat your pickles in the flour mixture making sure the flour sticks. Shake off any excess flour.
5. Coat the pickles in the eggs.
6. Dip them back in the flour mixture. Shake off the excess again.
7. Place in your heated oil and fry the pickles until they are golden brown on both sides.
8. Transfer them to paper towels or brown grocery bags to drain.
9. Serve hot with dip of choice - I love them with Ranch or 1000 Island
If you're a food blogger and would be interested to take part in the Surprise Recipe Swap, you can sign up here.
This post linked to
See Ya in the Gumbo
In & Out of the Kitchen
You're Gonna Love It