Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there!! I hope your day is filled with wonderful time with your families! To the two men in my life, who mean so much to me (my Dad and Hubby); I love you so very much and thank you for all you do, to keep out family strong!
Our day was off to a great start. The kids helped me prepare breakfast in bed, for Hubby. I think I have the cutest toast butterers of all time, LOL. We served Daddy a Western Omlet, some bacon, toast, orange juice and coffee. Once everyone's tummies were full, we treated Hubby to his Star Wars Kit we had put together. I found these cutest printables to turn ordinary snacks into Star Wars snacks. Hubby loved them so much, he's not sure he wants to open them. Now that's a sign of a die hard SW fan!
As I type this, Hubby and the kids are in the basement, playing on the X-box. We'll have a quiet lunch and hopefully go out for dinner. I have a ton of stuff to get ready for the upcoming school week, so a night off dinner duty would be wonderful. This week should be quieter than last, but next weekend I'll be doing my first vendor event (for Pampered Chef) at a Wellness Expo in East Gwillimbury. My mother in law if coming to help and I'm hoping it's a huge success. Here is my menu for the week
- Out for Father's day- Hubby's choice
- grilled Italian Sausages with Broccoli Slaw (new recipe)
- Lemon Butter Poached Sole with rice pilaf and asparagus
- Veggie burgers with a salad (or leftover broccoli slaw)
- Creamy Chicken & Bacon Taquitos (new recipe) with Spanish Rice
- Hubby's on his own, I'll be at my vendors event