Holy heck, what a busy summer we've had. I have to admit, that I haven't meal planned in almost 4 weeks, due to being away. First we went camping, then after a few days at home, we headed to the U.S. to visit Hubby's family. Once again we returned home, only to pack up again and head to camp with my parents. It ended up being cold and rainy, so we headed back to my parents house, for the remainder of our stay. We did have a gorgeous day on Friday, so Hubby, my dad and the kiddos headed out on the 4 wheelers and came home with just about 9 litres of wild blueberries. What a treat!! I've put 7 litres in the freezer (portioned out into 3 C bags) and kept 2 litres to do some baking.
School is starting in just over 2 weeks, so we've been slowly getting ready for that. We have our back to school wardrobes bought, washed and ready and now only have to worry about school supplies. Though the kids have had a blast this summer, they are excited about going back to school! This week we will hang out with friends and relax, before trying to get back into a routine.
Here is what I have planned this week (in no particular order)
- Homemade Shake N Bake Chicken Legs (new recipe), with buttered noodles and broccoli
- Cheese Enchiladas with Bean Salad
- french toast, bacon and cantaloupe
- Grilled Pork Chops with stuffed zucchini (new recipe) and sweet corn
- Chicken Meatballs and Vegetable Soup with homemade French Bread