Meal planning is a great way to save money on groceries and you won't be standing in front of the fridge at 4pm, wondering what to make!
|Image courtesy of basketman at FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
Happy Superbowl Sunday and Happy February! Wow 2015 is flying by already. I hope anyone enjoying the game today has a great time. Enjoy yourselves and if you drink, please don't drive. Hubby is working today, so I will not be watching the game. I may tune in to see the half time show, but I really only watch football because Hubby likes it.
This week is full of Drs appointments for myself and Hubby. We recently discovered that his health isn't too good and we need to get it back under control quickly. Which means I need to change the way I cook. It's not that I cook all that unhealthily, but I do love my carbs and sugar. We will be cutting down in these two areas drastically. I'll be cooking more lean meats and veggies, and meatless meals. That is a reason I did not stick to my meal plan from last week. Here is what I have planned for this week.
- Slow Cooker Turkey Enchilada Soup (new recipe), with caramelized onion and gouda quesadillas
- Moose roast with assorted roast vegetables (butternut and pepper squash, ruttabaga, parsnips, cauliflower, green beans and zucchini)
- Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers (new recipe)
- Crock pot meatballs and sauce with Spaghetti Squash
- Mediterranean Frittata (new recipe) with a salad