Meal planning is a great way to save money on groceries and you won't be standing in front of the fridge at 4pm, wondering what to make!
|Image courtesy of basketman at FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
The closer we get to Spring like weather, the busier I seem to be getting. Last week was very exciting for me. I was interviewed for the local paper, about how to make getting dinner on the table easier. I talked about meal planning, prepping veggies for the week and cooking extra protein for extra quick and easy meals throughout the week. They took photos of me cooking and it should appear in the paper in a few weeks. I am excited to see it!! It was humbling to be asked to contribute to this 3 part series about easy dinner ideas.
This week should be a bit quieter. We have no appointments, so other than helping at school, we have no plans. I could use an easy week for a change, LOL. Glad it will be a short week, due to Good Friday. I finally bought my ham for Easter. Prices for ham were ridiculous, but I finally found some decent ham on sale this week. Now I just have to plan the remainder of our Easter feast. Here is what I have planned for the week. I have two recipes which I'm bringing over, since we had a change of plans last week:
- Shrimp Tacos with Pico de Gallo and Guacamole
- Peameal Sandwiches (bunless for Hubby and I) with braised cabbage and apples
- Crock Pot Moose Stew with Biscuits
- Salmon (new recipe) with broccoli and golden potatoes
- Easter- Ham, asparagus gratin, brown sugared carrots, Cheddar Bacon Deviled Eggs and Double Layer Lemon Pie (new recipe) for dessert.