Meal planning is a great way to save money on groceries and you won't be standing in front of the fridge at 4pm, wondering what to make!
|Image courtesy of basketman at FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
Happy Long Weekend Canada. We have a Civic Holiday tomorrow, so it's a long weekend for many Canadian provinces; I'm not sure why, LOL. Regardless, I'm just happy for a reason to get together with friends, for a BBQ. Today the kids and I are headed to my girlfriends house for a BBQ. Another of our girlfriends is joining us with her two kids. All 3 of us have been going through a difficult time lately, so we decided to have a day together to have fun. I'm bringing potato salad, chocolate cupcakes and WINE. It'll be fun to relax and enjoy some girl talk while the kids play.
This week should be uneventful. I an rearranging my bedroom and living room with the help of some friends. I'd like to paint my bedroom, but think I'll save that for when the kids are back in school. Here is what I have planned for us this week.
- BBQ- burgers, dogs, potato salad, macaroni salad, chocolate cupcakes for dessert
- Potato soup with green beans and bacon (new recipe)
- Southwestern BLT Sandwiches, potato chips, veggies and dip
- Salmon patties with buttered noodles and broccoli
- Veggie omelets with toast and Tropical Fresh Fruit Salad