Meal planning is a great way to save money on groceries and you won't be standing in front of the fridge at 4pm, wondering what to make!
Happy Thanksgiving weekend Canada!!! That's right, here in Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving in October. I love it, because the colours here, especially in Ontario are gorgeous. All the maple trees are turning beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow, which makes any excursion a wonderful chance to see some lovely fall foliage. Since I am working all weekend, we are staying home for Thanksgiving and joining friends for a feast tonight. I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner at work, and hope the residents love the ham and turkey I am preparing today.
This week should be busy, since I'm working 3 days this week. The kids do not have school tomorrow, so they will be spending the day with friends. Queenie and I seem to be catching yet another cold, so I need to pump her full of healthy food, vitamins and fluids. Here is what I have planned for dinner this week.
- I work Monday and Tuesday, so the kids will be eating with friends
- Sweet and Sour Turkey Balls with fries and broccoli
- Turkey Rice Soup with homemade Roasted Garlic Bread
- Baked Ham with mashed potatoes and Candied Bacon Acorn Squash
- Pasta Fagioli with homemade Lion House Rolls